Re: BUG #16242: convert_tuple_* not handling missing values correctly

From: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
To: Andrew Gierth <andrew(at)tao11(dot)riddles(dot)org(dot)uk>
Cc: Vik Fearing <vik(at)postgresfriends(dot)org>, Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>, pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #16242: convert_tuple_* not handling missing values correctly
Date: 2020-02-06 05:48:46
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On Wed, Feb 05, 2020 at 07:22:20PM +0000, Andrew Gierth wrote:
> I'll commit this (with fixed comments) unless anyone can immediately
> think of any reason not to...

The patch you have written looks right to me on HEAD and the
back-branches. Now, you have added only a test that stresses
atthasmissing in convert_tuples_by_name_map_if_req(), but you are not
covering the paths from convert_tuples_by_position(). Shouldn't we
have a second test for that part as well?
--
Michael