Re: BUG #16111: Unexpected query compilation error “negative bitmapset member not allowed”

From: Tomas Vondra <tomas(dot)vondra(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: tuomas(dot)leikola(at)gmail(dot)com, pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #16111: Unexpected query compilation error “negative bitmapset member not allowed”
Date: 2019-11-13 13:41:14
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On Wed, Nov 13, 2019 at 10:42:32AM +0000, PG Bug reporting form wrote:
>The following bug has been logged on the website:
>
>Bug reference: 16111
>Logged by: Tuomas Leikola
>Email address: tuomas(dot)leikola(at)gmail(dot)com
>PostgreSQL version: 12.0
>Operating system: windows, linux
>
>I’ve been trying to cook up some kind of online reorganizer, which requires
>looking at rows’ physical locations and rearranging those that are
>suboptimal. In this endeavor, I stumbled on what appears to be a compiler
>bug introduced with multivariate statistics.

Yeah, this is a bug in estimate_multivariate_ndistinct, which fails to
ignore system attributes :-(

The attached patch fixes it, but unfortunatly we've missed this round of
minor releases :-( I'll get it pushed in a couple of days.

Thanks for the report and the reproducer, very helpful!

regards

--
Tomas Vondra http://www.2ndQuadrant.com

Attachment Content-Type Size
estimate_multivariate_ndistinct.patch text/plain 902 bytes