Re: BUG #15654: COPY command not working for 2gb CSV files

From: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
To: David Rowley <david(dot)rowley(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Subject: Re: BUG #15654: COPY command not working for 2gb CSV files
Date: 2019-02-26 00:09:53
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On Tue, Feb 26, 2019 at 12:52:58PM +1300, David Rowley wrote:
> hmm, but we're talking about fstat() not stat(). Perhaps it suffers
> from the same issue, but there does not appear to be a macro for
> fstat() in win32_port.h therefore likely involves a less complex fix.

I thought that was the case, and double-checking pgwin32_safestat()
only maps to stat().

Windows has the bad idea to declare _stat, and put the rest of the
return results of the different calls of stat() and fstat() into
different structures.

Anyway, if I recall correctly, you are still going to run into issues
if trying to map _stat64 to "struct stat". I have played with this
problem for a couple of hours, and this did not finish well because of
the define of stat to pgwin32_safestat in port.h. And we likely don't
want to have a dedicated pg_stat struct in the full code tree as
that's spread to a lot of places.
--
Michael