BUG #16531: listen_addresses wide open?

From: PG Bug reporting form <noreply(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: bee(dot)lists(at)gmail(dot)com
Subject: BUG #16531: listen_addresses wide open?
Date: 2020-07-08 13:20:23
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference: 16531
Logged by: R F
Email address: bee(dot)lists(at)gmail(dot)com
PostgreSQL version: 10.6
Operating system: CentOS 7

I only had this in postgresql.conf:

listen_adresses = '192.168.1.50'

The machine was properly functioning on 'localhost' in an application I had
on the same machine.

In pg_hba.conf:

local all all trust
host all all 127.0.0.1/32 trust

With these directives, the machine, from what I understand, shouldn't be
able to reach into localhost.