BUG #16218: The database cluster initialization failed

From: PG Bug reporting form <noreply(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: pkzisop(at)gmail(dot)com
Subject: BUG #16218: The database cluster initialization failed
Date: 2020-01-18 23:15:51
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference: 16218
Logged by: Uzair Irfan
Email address: pkzisop(at)gmail(dot)com
PostgreSQL version: 12.1
Operating system: Windows 10

Hello,
I am supposed to use this program for my university class on database
management. Every time i try to install this program I get his error,
"Problem running post-install step. Installation may not complete correctly.
The database cluster initialisation failed" I was wondering if you knew of
any ways to fix this. I am running windows 10 and have all updates
installed. I also have tried to run it as administrator and nothing seems to
help. I even tried to install version 11 and I got the same error. When
trying to use the application stack builder, it only gives me the option for
"remote server" whereas my classmates get a local server option on stack
builder.
Thank you for your help,
Uzair Irfan