Re: BUG #16437: The dump is stored with error in creating VIEW statement.

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Borys K <koktos632(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #16437: The dump is stored with error in creating VIEW statement.
Date: 2020-05-14 19:23:23
Lists: pgsql-bugs

[ thanks for sending the off-list dump ]

Borys K <koktos632(at)gmail(dot)com> writes:
> It is not a pure PostgreSQL server.
> I am using https://www.timescale.com/

Well, you'd really need to take this up with them. This view
seems to be using TimeScale-specific features, and I can't
even tell whether it ought to be legal. The view would certainly
not be legal in regular Postgres, because the table it's selecting
from has no unique indexes at all, so there's no basis for allowing
an abbreviated GROUP BY.

I'm suspecting that TimeScale may have special provisions for
dumping databases, because it's hard to see how this dump could
be reloaded as-is. But I don't know much about that product.