pgAdmin III v1.6.3 released
Posted on March 26, 2007
The pgAdmin Development Team are pleased to announce the release of pgAdmin 1.6.3, the Open Source graphical PostgreSQL administration tool for Windows, Linux, FreeBSD , Mac OS X and Solaris, now available for download in source and a variety of binary formats from:
v1.6.3 is primarily a bug fix release, including the following changes:
- Fix an overflow bug in pgAgent, per report from Sabin Coanda
- Fix a bug that prevented adding new nodes to a Slony cluster, per Duncan Beeby.
- Remember the server's SSL mode property correctly.
- Prevent the RULE privilege becoming re-enabled for tables on PostgreSQL 8.2+, per Erwin.
- Minor fix for edb/spl functions.
- Fix procedure support on EnterpriseDB AS81.
- Fix a rare bug in the Edit Grid which could cause a crash when editting data in tables with deleted columns and a primary key that isn;t at the beginning of the table. Thanks to Patrick De Visschere for the test case.
- Use the correct version of the Slony scripts when creating a new cluster, per Duncan Beeby.
- Prevent the Edit Grid Filter causing a crash if an invalid filter containing a % is used, per Erwin.
- Fix a minor bug in app bundle creation for Mac [Florian G. Pflug]
- Fix the graphical explain to properly display backwards index scan nodes, per Brendan O'Shea.
- Fix default perspective names, per Ezequias.
- Monitor the streams again whilst backing up on Mac - this no longer crashes in wx2.8. Per Dave Livesay.
- Fix a crash on Mac that occurred when using some combo boxes, per David Lowry.
- Fix menu icon for Gnome [Nathan Egge]
- Allow users with SUPERUSER but no other privilege flags to create roles and databases etc. per Andy Shellam.
- Handle non-default schema paths properly in the Foreign Key dialogue, per Philipp Specht
- Fix localisation of 'Tab' as a copy delimiter.
- Update to support the changed syntax of pg_dump 8.2+.
- Add support for Sun's compiler [Dhanaraj M]
- Fix an issue in the Query Tool export option that could result in blank lines in the export file, per Mathias Durst and Mike.
- Truncate comments containing \r\n correctly, per Erwin.
- Fix query tool title which was unfortunately broken by an earlier fix for another bug.
pgAdmin Development Team
This post has been migrated from a previous version of the PostgreSQL
website. We apologise for any formatting issues caused by the migration.