pgAdmin III v1.4.2 Released
Posted on March 7, 2006
The pgAdmin Development Team are pleased to announce the release of
version 1.4.2 of pgAdmin, the Open Source administration and development
platform for PostgreSQL 7.3 and above. pgAdmin can be run on Linux,
FreeBSD, Mac OSX, Solaris and Windows. For more information, please see
the website at:
pgAdmin can be downloaded free of charge from:
This version is a bug fix release containing the following changes:
- Fix a typo in the admin pack README [August Zajonc].
- Fix serial column detection for 8.1 per Kris Jurka.
- Mask the password when logging the connection string.
- Properly escape single quotes in connection strings.
- Re-arrange the Win32 dependencies so that iconv, libxml2 and wxwidgets are located in $PGADIR/../pgadmin3-deps/.
- Properly enable the redo button in the Query Tool when appropriate, per PromoTrade.
- Add missing files to the Unix tarball, per Andrus - xtra/wxbuild/*, src/utils/precomp.cpp, src/main/pgAdmin3.rc.
- Read config files in the local encoding scheme.
- Display the definition of set returning procedures correctly.
- Fix drop procedure by including IN/OUT parameter flags in the name.
- Fix role SQL - correctly define CREATEROLE/NOCREATEROLE per Andrus.
- Honour the copy quoting setting properly in the SQL results pane.
- Set the initial Unicode/Local charset options correctly in the Export dialogue.
- Fix PK detection in EditGrid per Andrus Moor.
- Fix Bitmap Index explain per Alexander Kirpa.
- Use ELSIF not ELSEIF in pgagent.sql for compatibility with 7.x servers [Glen Sasek].
- Exclude system schemas by name rather than OID, so that 'public' can be safely renamed.
- fix slony node statistics.
- Fix: Unsubscribe set on receiver.
- Another wxComboBox(2.6.2) related fix.
pgAdmin Development Team
This post has been migrated from a previous version of the PostgreSQL
website. We apologise for any formatting issues caused by the migration.