pgedit.com is pleased to announce the release of pgEdit 1.1, a powerful tool for PostgreSQL database development and administration. Changes since the release of version 1.0 include:
* Many user interface improvements including toolbars for both the Macintosh and Windows versions. The editor and output panes are now available in the same view.
* PHP can act as a preprocessor for SQL code or perform other scripting tasks. Mixed syntax coloring of PHP and SQL in the same file is supported including syntax coloring for pl/PHP stored procedures. PHP 5 is included with the distribution, so no extra configuration is required to use PHP features.
* New options are available for execution and output. Output can be sent to a file and then opened automatically with pgEdit, your web browser, or other applications.
* Error information is collected with each execution. New commands are available to jump to each error location in the file even if lines are added or removed.
* Improved integration with psql, the PostgreSQL interactive terminal. Most psql commands are now supported including \connect and \copy.
* Compatibility with Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger). pgEdit 1.1 is available for Mac OS X 10.3 or later and Windows 2000/XP.
See http://pgedit.com/products for a complete list of pgEdit features.
This post has been migrated from a previous version of the PostgreSQL website. We apologise for any formatting issues caused by the migration.