A new major version of phpPgAdmin is now available. phpPgAdmin is a web-based administration tool for all 7.x versions of PostgreSQL.
New features include:
* Add CACHE and CYCLE parameters in sequence creation
* View, add, edit and delete comments on tables, views, schemas, aggregates, conversions, operators, functions, types, opclasses, sequences and columns (Dan Boren & ChrisKL)
* Add config file option for turning off the display of comments
* Allow creating array columns in tables
* Allow adding array columns to tables
* Allow creating domains with type length and arrays
* Show domain base type and comment in domains list
* Allow import of CSV, Tabbed and XML data. "Auto" mode chooses import mode based on the file extension.
* Allow upload and execution of _basic_ SQL scripts
* More admin features available: vacuum, analyze, cluster all and reindex (with all options) (Bryan Encina)
* Fix SQL popup window to reload when the database is changed so that the correct page encoding is used.
* Create view wizard (Bryan Encina)
* Allow specification of MATCH, DEFERRABLE and INITIALLY DEFERRED on foreign keys.
* Automatically uncheck the NULL checkbox when data is typed in the value field while editing data.
* Show query runtime when executing arbitrary SQL
* Allow renaming functions when backend supports it
* Views are now more like tables. They are listed in the browser, you can view the virtual columns of the view and its column defaults. Columns in view can also be renamed and have defaults set.
* Allow viewing, dropping and creation of rules on views.
* Support for 7.5-dev ALTER COLUMN TYPE, adding of SERIAL and BIGSERIAL columns, adding NOT NULL columns and adding columns with defaults.
Download it now:
This post has been migrated from a previous version of the PostgreSQL website. We apologise for any formatting issues caused by the migration.