After several fixes were backpatched to the 7_3_STABLE branch, we have now released a 7.3.6. As the list of Changes since 7.3.5 is quite small, they are included below:
* Revert erroneous changes in rule permissions checking
* Repair incorrect order of operations in GetNewTransactionId()
* Ensure configure selects -fno-strict-aliasing even when an external value for CFLAGS is supplied
* Make pg_restore handle 64-bit off_t correctly
* Make contrib/dblink not assume that local and remote type OIDs match (Joe)
* Quote connectby()'s start_with argument properly (Joe)
* Don't crash when a rowtype argument to a plpgsql function is NULL
* Avoid generating invalid character encoding sequences in corner cases when planning LIKE operations
* Ensure text_position() cannot scan past end of source string in multibyte cases (Korea PostgreSQL Users' Group)
* Fix index optimization and selectivity estimates for LIKE operations on bytea columns (Joe)
This version, as with most minor versions, does not require a dump/reload to put into place.
As always, this release is available on all our mirrors, viewable at:
And, thanks to David Fetter, is also available via BitTorrent at:
This post has been migrated from a previous version of the PostgreSQL website. We apologise for any formatting issues caused by the migration.