PgBackMan 1.0.0 released
Posted on June 26, 2014
Oslo, Norway - June 26,2014
We are proud to announce the first release available to the public of PgBackMan - PostgreSQL backup manager.
PgBackMan is a tool for managing PostgreSQL logical backups created
with pg_dump and pg_dumpall.
It is designed to manage backups from thousands of databases running
in multiple PostgreSQL nodes, and it supports a multiple backup server
The PgBackMan code is distributed under the GNU General Public License
3 and it is written in Python and PL/PgSQL. It has been developed and
tested by members of the Database Operations Group at the Center for
Information Technology at the University of Oslo.
- Central database with metadata information.
- PgBackMan shell for interaction with the system.
- Management of multiple backup servers.
- Management of multiple PostgreSQL servers.
- Management of thousands of backups dumps through a catalogue.
- Manual and scheduled backups.
- Management of retention policies for backups.
- Fully detailed backup reports.
- Multiple predefined database backup types, CLUSTER,FULL,SCHEMA,DATA.
- Full backup of role information for a database.
- Full backup of database configuration for a database.
- Automatic definitions of backups for all databases running in a
- Automatic restore procedures.
- Autonomous pgbackman_dump program that functions even if the central
database with metadata information is not available.
- Handling of error situations.