Announcing Barman 1.1
Posted on Oct. 14, 2012
2ndQuadrant is happy to announce the release of Barman 1.1. Barman (backup and recovery manager) is an open source administration tool for disaster recovery of PostgreSQL servers written in Python for Linux systems.
Version 1.1 includes:
- Debian/Ubuntu package
- Support for hook scripts to be executed before and after a 'backup' command through the 'pre_backup_script' and 'post_backup_script' configuration options.
- Management of multiple servers to the 'backup' command. 'barman backup all' now iteratively backs up all the configured servers.
- Fixed bug #9: "9.2 issue with pg_tablespace_location()"
- Add warning in recovery when file location options have been defined in the postgresql.conf file (issue #10)
- Fail fast on recover command if the destination directory contains the ':' character (Closes: #4) or if an invalid tablespace relocation rule is passed
- Report an informative message when pg_start_backup() invocation fails because an exclusive backup is already running (Closes: #8)
You can find more information on Barman at www.pgbarman.org.