DA-SOFT Technologies announces the immediate availability of "AnyDAC for Delphi" Winter 2010 release v 22.214.171.1245.
* Major rework of the help system. A lot of new "Developer Guide" articles.
* Multiple additions and changes to the Service components.
* Multiple optimizations of the PostgreSQL, SQLite, Firebird drivers and the general dataset code.
* Improved SQL Server, PostgreSQL and Informix support.
* Added mkCatalogs and mkSchemas metacommands.
* Added EhLib support.
And more. Please, check the detailed change log at bottom.
AnyDAC for Delphi
AnyDAC is an unique set of Universal Data Access Components for developing applications on Delphi, C++Builder and Free Pascal. With its powerful common architecture AnyDAC enables native high-speed direct access to Firebird, SQLite, MySQL,
MS SQL Server, Oracle, PostgreSQL, IBM DB2, SQL Anywhere, MS Access, Informix and more. For complete list of features and availability, please check:
* AnyDAC home - http://www.da-soft.com/anydac/
* AnyDAC shop - http://www.da-soft.com/anydac/order.html
* AnyDAC trial - http://www.da-soft.com/anydac/download.html
AnyDAC Core Features
* Native access to PostgreSQL, Firebird, MySQL, MS SQL Server, Oracle, SQLite, DB2, InterBase and more. Including latest DBMS versions.
* Optimized for best possible performance (2 times faster than dbGo, 25% faster than dbExpress).
* Generic access to any database supported through dbExpress and ODBC data sources.
* Reach API, including 50 Delphi VCL components.
* Unified API for access to cross-database features.
* First-class support for many database-specific features, including DBMS services like backup, validate.
* Unique ADO.NET-like data engine for Win32.
* Advanced Data Access Options.
* Full support for international applications, including full Unicode support in Delphi 2009 and later.
* Cross-platform support though Free Pascal (FPC).
* Perfect integration as back-end driver for TMS AdvGrid, RemObjects Data Abstract, Fast Report, C4D kbmMW and more.
AnyDAC Natively Supported Databases
* Enterprise - Oracle, MS SQL Server, IBM DB2.
* Workgroup - PostgreSQL, Firebird, MySQL, SQL Anywhere, Interbase, Advatage DS.
* Database in clouds - Microsoft SQL Azure.
* Desktop - SQLite, MS Access, BlackFish SQL, MS SQL CE.
* Embedded - SQLite, Firebird Embedded, MySQL Embedded.
* Bridges - DbExpress, ODBC.
To subscribe to the newsletter with the AnyDAC release notifications and other DA-SOFT Technologies product and company news, you can create an account at DA-SOFT web site, then go to your user profile and set "Subscribe to newsletters" to "Yes".
v 126.96.36.1995 (24.11.10)
added: SQLite: TADSQLiteValidate component
added: SQLite: SharedCache connection definition parameter
added: ADTable: Open(ATableName) method
added: Phys: MetaCurSchema / MetaCurCatalog = '*' avoids implicit inclusion of schema / catalog names into full object name
added: mkCatalogs, mkSchemas meta data kinds and GetCatalogNames, GetSchemaNames methods
added: base x64 support
added: AddOn: EhLib support
/ updated: Help: major cleanup and multiple extensions
/ updated: ADDataSet: major optimization
/ changed: DatS: optimized view building code
/ changed: IB: optimized driver code
/ changed: DatS: improved fetch performance
/ changed: PgSQL: improved fetch performance
/ changed: AddOn: updated SQL Ini File
/ changed: DBX: added AnyDAC_DBX define to control AnyDAC linking to dbExpress
/ changed: multiple extensions and changes to AnyDAC service components
/ changed: SQLite: optimized build defines
/ changed: ADManager: the GetDriverNames method now has AValidate, allowing to check is the DBMS CLI installed and it may be loaded
fixed: SQLite: few multi-threading issues in encryption code
fixed: SQLite: does not use TFormatOptions.StrsTrim and StrsEmpty2Null
fixed: SQLite: "Cannot rollback transaction - SQL statements in progress" on Rollback with active result sets
fixed: SQLite: CheckEncryption fails to validate DB. Also, improved reporting.
fixed: SQLite: TADSQLiteSecurity.RemovePassword was not working
fixed: MSSQL: "The data types varbinary(max) and image are incompatible in the equal to operator"
fixed: MSSQL / ASA: "No column was specified for column 1 of 'A'." on a query with RecsMax specified
fixed: MSSQL: "invalid object name" on SELECT FROM ::fn_xxxx()
fixed: MSSQL: MARS is always enabled for a connection and cannot be disabled
fixed: PgSQL: returns incorrect value for TIMESTAMPTZ columns
fixed: PgSQL: escape functions CURDATE, CURTIME, NOW does not work
fixed: PgSQL: AV when fetching UTF8 string with mapping WideString -> AnsiString
fixed: PgSQL: fails to edit query with ONLY keyword
fixed: IB/FB: fails to use quoted identifiers
fixed: FB/IB/MySQL: possible AV at application exiting, when using embedded engines
fixed: Oracle: fails to execute AnyDAC QA scripts
fixed: Oracle: a failed execution in autocommit mode leads to an active transaction
fixed: DB2: fails to fetch meta data after SET SCHEMA=xxx command
fixed: ASA: fails to execute stored proc with inout params in a loop
fixed: ADS: memory corruption at metadata retrieval
fixed: MSAccess: does not support ` and " as object name quote chars
fixed: Informix: exception is not raised on posting update using invalid SQL in TADUpdateSQL
fixed: ODBC: improved compatibility with old drivers
fixed: ODBC: does not recognise ADS DSN as mkADS
fixed: ODBC: fails to execute PostgreSQL parameterized query
fixed: Stan: AV is possible on application exiting
fixed: Phys: Memo -> String mapping is completely broken
fixed: Phys: transaction properties are not updated after reconnection
fixed: Phys: MetaDefXxx and MetaCurXxx are not visible in connection editor
fixed: Phys: issues with executing COMMIT / ROLLBACK commands directly
fixed: Tracing: impossible to set TADMoniXxxClientLink.Tracing to True at design-time
fixed: ADDataSet: SaveToStream does not store field captions
fixed: ADDataSet: Refresh on indexed detail dataset empties dataset
fixed: ADDataSet: BeforeGetRecords / AfterGetRecords does not fire for async queries
fixed: ADDataSet: AV is possible on ADConnection destroying
fixed: ADDataSet: refresh on detail dataset does not work if master dataset is in editing / inserting state
fixed: ADDataSet: after deletion of last fetched record the query position may change to next+1 record
fixed: ADDataSet: AV at assigning empty string to TGuidField
fixed: ADDataSet: setting UpdateOptions.CheckRequired to False after Open and before Append has no effect
fixed: DApt: fails to edit dataset with quoted field names
fixed: Query Editor may hang up at design-time
fixed: DatS: BeginBatch / EndBatch fails with unidirectional query
fixed: GUIx: connection editor fails to store database path
fixed: GUIx: few ADUpdateSQL editor issues
fixed: GUIx: wrong help link
fixed: ADConnection: possible AV at application exiting
fixed: AnyDAC fails to install on Delphi XE Professional
fixed: memory leak is possible on application exiting
fixed: Demo: TADEventAlerter demo was broken
fixed: D5: major incompatibility
With best regards,
DA-SOFT Technologies Team
This post has been migrated from a previous version of the PostgreSQL website. We apologise for any formatting issues caused by the migration.